HP3000-L Archives

January 2002, Week 3

From:
Chuck Ciesinski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 08:43:37 -0500
To all:

The following was posted this morning on YAHOO's HWP message board.  I do
not
know the author, but would like to find out.  It is something IMHO we all
need to read....

Let us not be swept up in the totalitarian movement of the moment. Let us
be united against the ambitious destruction of a
  foundation of American technology. We have little time to quarrel about
the details of that destruction, though the details be
  overwhelming. Time after time, throughout history, a few have squandered
the heritage and aspirations of the many for the sake
  of avarice. Hewlett-Packard means much more than the pieces of silver
that are being offered for the plundering of that entity.
  The time of Bill and Dave has, to our great loss, vanished but the
truths that they championed have not faltered throughout
  history. Be not swayed by greed and ambition from your duty to preserve
the dignity of their memory. The HP Way is also the
  American way, and we owe a great deal to the wisdom passed down to us
from generations that made tremendous sacrifices.

  The moment has little to do with standing still or moving forward,
because just a brief examination of the history of HP is an
  examination of profitable innovation and change. The moment has never
been about HP's employees contributions which are
  many times awarded with excellence. The moment has everything to do with
whether we want the traditon of that excellence to
  continue during our watch. How much does the culture of excellence mean
to you? How much does it really mean to you? And
  I?

Chuck Ciesinski
Hughes Network Systems
Germantown, MD
p  301 601 2608
f   301 601 6303
email  [log in to unmask]
"Oh well, chocolate is GOOD"  Chuck Ciesinski