HP3000-L Archives

January 2002, Week 3

From:
Mark Sprowls <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Sprowls <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 11:57:16 -0500
Over the weekend we upgraded to MPE 6.5 Express 2. We have a phone system
which takes account numbers from callers and places them into an Image
database via HP's ODBC. Since the upgrade, our phone reps can no longer use
the system. It appears that the PC application writing to the Image
database keeps the records locked once they are written. When the user
attempts to access/update the dataset, their session locks up. The session
can not be aborted and resetting the terminal through TERMDSM does not
work. The only solution seems to be aborting the ODBC listener job. The
system has been working fine for quite some time, and no other changes were
made. Does anyone have any idea why ODBC wants to keep the records locked
or what I can do to prevent this?