HP3000-L Archives

January 2002, Week 3

From:
Mark Wonsil <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 17:04:13 -0500
>  "So Bob, where's that 8 inches you promised me last night?"

While funny, it turns out to be an urban legend (Too bad):

http://www.snopes2.com/humor/jokes/snowjob.htm

However, staying with the Michigan bloopers, a few years ago, WDIV (Channel
4 in Detroit) got a new Anchorman for the local news (Devin Scilian - from
WGN in Chicago I think).  In order to get in with the community, he would do
community events.  It was just around Christmas and he was finishing the
newscast thanking the folks who let him be the moderator for Toy Story on
Ice.  After his piece, his co-anchor, Carmen Harlan, asked who his favorite
character was.  He replied and she says something like, I really like Woody.
Then without missing a beat, she turns to the weather man (Chuck Gaidica)
and the sports guy (Bernie Smilovitz) and asked them if they got a woody for
Christmas.  She is the only woman and was talking about a doll and the men
are not thinking about a doll and are just dying.  Usually, a local disc
jockey replays the audio every Christmas time (Dick Purtain, WOMC 104.3).  I
have never seen the video, but have only heard the audio.  Still, I cannot
find a reference to it on the Internet anywhere.  Maybe other Detroit area
3K'ers could confirm the story.  I know what I heard, but maybe it was only
a joke that I missed somehow.