HP3000-L Archives

January 2002, Week 3

From:
Joe Silagi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe Silagi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 01:02:05 -0600
When using the WRQ protocol (default) you always hope that FFT (fast file
transfer) will be negotiated.  This is usually what happens unless you are
going through a firewall or some other device (e.g., NAT) that disallows
access to the ports ( >30767) that FFT will try to use or modifies the ip
address.

Another option is to use either the Reflection FTP Client or Reflection FTP
protocol from within the Reflection for HP File Transfer dialog since FTP
ports are not commonly blocked.

Joe Silagi
WRQ, Inc.

"wildman" <[log in to unmask]> wrote in message
> This may help a little.   A few years ago I transferred IMAGE database
> extracts through Reflection (via WRQ protocall) to my PC.  The
> perfomance was a big problem.  In the File Transfer screen, click the
> SETUP button then select the WRQ tab.  There are three transfer types
> in a combo box list.  One of the three types works must faster than
> the other two - I can't recall which.
>

> On Tue, 15 Jan 2002 10:17:12 -0600 (Central Standard Time), Paul
> Thompson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> >Hi guys,
> >
> >Just recently I have noticed that when transferring files from/to our
HP3000