HP3000-L Archives

January 2002, Week 2

From:
John Korb <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Korb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 11:04:29 -0500
I need to provide the System Integration people here the host name our new
HP e3000 will use and the thing isn't even off the shipping pallet (and it
won't get of the pallet until I give them a name.

I seem to remember that in the old days the host name for an HP 3000 was
limited to 8 characters.

Does anyone know if it is possible for an HP e3000 running release 7.0 to
have a host name (as in host.company.com) of more than 8 characters?  If
so, what is the limit?

Thanks!

John