HP3000-L Archives

January 2002, Week 2

From:
Tracy Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tracy Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 09:04:08 -0800
My copy of your message says
Date:         Wed, 9 Jan 2002 16:37:53 -0000

Since we're GMT -0800, I deduce that raven.utc.edu is in the US Eastern
zone, and that you're in GMT.  So the webcast starts at 430pm your time.

You can actually discover this stuff by looking at tztab.lib.sys; the rules
for using it are mysterious to me, but you can pretty much figure them out
from just the contents and a bit of foreknowledge; from there you can, I
think, figure out what time it is anywhere, right now, daylightsaving or
not.

Tracy Pierce