HP3000-L Archives

January 2002, Week 2

From:
Larry Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 13:01:42 -0800
Russ states, in part:

"...  Conversely, it is just as easy to identify code written by a 19 year
old whose had one too many JOLT colas.  To play devils advocate, it is also
VERY easy to tell pages whose code was written by BAD software: even more
difficult to read than the caffeine laden scrawlings mentioned  previously,
or worse crammed full of functions whose only applicability must be to the
way ONE person at the orignating firm likes to see things."

Now I know why some of the 'canned' COBOL programs I've worked with over the
years are written so poorly; Entry Level Programmers drinking lots of JOLT!
Even the software I'm working with today has "JOLT" split all over it.  Not
all the code is bad, but when it's bad, its BAD!

Just my $.02 worth,

Larry B.