HP3000-L Archives

January 2002, Week 2

From:
Bob Lounsbury <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Lounsbury <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 23:47:36 -0600
Curt,

HP printers do not support barcodes straight out of the box.  You have
to add a SIMM/DIMM module or download a soft font to the printer.

A hardware-based solution provides the security of knowing the
barcodes are there and ready to go whenever they are needed, while
soft fonts require that you download them each time you need them
(never a good idea to assume that the soft fonts are still there an
hour later because someone may have tripped over the power cord).  The
download to hardware modules is that you need to purchase one for each
printer.

Bob Lounsbury
The Barcode Software Center
www.makebarcode.com