UTCSTAFF Archives

January 2002

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 10:31:15 -0500
To All UTC Faculty,

Now is the time to schedule inclass presentations with the Writing Center. It
is important for your students to become acquainted with The Writing Center
early in the semester so that they may avail themselves of our services
sooner, rather than later. We would be happy to visit your class and conduct
brief, informative presentations which usually require only five or ten
minutes of your class time.

The Writing Center is also prepared to offer student workshops covering any
writing-specific topic. If your students need help with specific writing tasks
(documentation, organization, research, avoiding plagiarism, etc..)and you
would be interested in setting up an in-class workshop for your students,
please contact the WC and let us know exactly what you have in mind.

In addition to in-class workshops, we offer small group instruction in the WC.
If you have a small group of students that is having difficulty with a
particular writing task, or if you would rather cover specific writing
problems in several small group sessions instead of taking up classroom time
with a formal workshop, please call us so that we can tailor a workshop/group
that is right for you.

Please let us know what we can do to help you help your students with their
writing assignments. We are here to serve the writing needs of all academic
departments of the university.

Thank You,

Rebecca Cook
Writing Center, Director