UTCSTAFF Archives

January 2002

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Dan Webb <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 13:49:41 -0500
TO:             University Community
FROM:   UTC IRIS Implementation Team <http://cecasun.utc.edu/iris/imteam.htm>
DATE:           January 31, 2002
SUBJECT:        IRIS Update

The IRIS HR/Payroll module is up and running. Thanks to the hard work and
long hours of many individuals (including some work over the Christmas
holidays), two biweekly payrolls and one monthly payroll have been processed
successfully in IRIS.

The major task of the IRIS Implementation Team in the coming months is to
insure that users of IRIS on our campus have the appropriate training and
general information regarding IRIS necessary to do their jobs.

There have been a few relatively minor personnel policy changes associated
with IRIS. These changes relate to such issues as annual and sick leave
accrual, method of overtime calculation, compensatory time, Federal Tax
Withholding rates, Longevity Payments, Online Effort Certification, and a
few other items all detailed in the December letter from UT Payroll. This
“Notice to Employees: Expected Changes Due to IRIS Implementation” is
accessible on-line at:
 <http://admin.tennessee.edu/iris/notice_to_employees.htm>

The major effect of IRIS will be to enhance the efficiency of various HR and
Payroll processes on our campus. Among these changes are:

Central Processing of Employee Data: The entry of most personnel information
into the IRIS system for UTC employees will be performed directly on our
campus.  This change will minimize the time it takes our employees to be
enrolled in benefits, receive paychecks, and be available for other
activities related to entry into the system.  At present, personnel data is
being entered by the following units:
·       Regular exempt and non-exempt staff:                    Personnel Services
·       Regular and term faculty (adjuncts):                    Faculty Records
·       Term staff and students (other than Work Study):        Payroll Office
·       Work/Study Students:                                    Financial Aid

Time and Leave Entry: Time and leave entry will be done centrally by UTC
Payroll and a few large departments.  Departments are responsible to submit
monthly leave reports for exempt staff and faculty, as well as monthly and
biweekly time reports for non-exempt staff.

New Forms: Several forms will have a new appearance and accessibility on
line to conduct business in IRIS. Among the newest forms (compliments of
Webmaster, Dan Chase) is our new INTERACTIVE UTC employment application,
which you can access at:
<http://www.utc.edu/~personel/Forms/jobapplication.pdf>

Other IRIS forms are accessible for your review at:
<http://uthr.admin.utk.edu/forms/IRISforms.html>
Additional information and instructions regarding use of these forms will be
coming soon.

One of the best sources for useful information is our own campus IRIS
website. Please visit our campus IRIS website for such features as:
frequently asked questions, announcements and updates, technical information
and downloads at:
<http://www.utc.edu/~iris/>

Even more information regarding late breaking IRIS news, training materials,
and other resources can be found at the UT IRIS website:
<http://admin.tennessee.edu/iris/>

Please contact any member of the UTC IRIS Implementation Team with
questions, concerns, comments regarding this great University resource.

Daniel H. Webb
Director, Personnel Services
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
Dept. 3603