UTCSTAFF Archives

January 2002

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Robert Espeseth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Espeseth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 07:18:21 -0400
   The UTC Rowing Team maintained its outstanding tradition for academic
excellence as 28 rowers made the Dean's List for the 2001 Fall Semester.
The rowers who made Dean's List are:  Robert Miles, Tolsun Waddle, Robbie
Bosshardt, Sara Magee, Rachel Boyd, Shelby Rogers, Justin Robbins,
Christina Baumann, Laura Fleming, Kathryn MacIvor, Tessie Moore, Jane
Dickerson, Sarah Holt, Jennifer Steinmann, Melissa Eubanks, Adam Deimling,
Anne Jones, Rusty Lynch, Robin Hart, Kristen Hart, David Chilton, Mike
Hodges, David Trainor, Sarah Kingman, Corrine Vitek, Emily Crye, Mike
Patty, and Robin Koch.

   "The thing that I am most proud of is not our athletic achievements, but
the academic achievements of many of the UTC Rowers", said Coach Robert
Espeseth.  "The team GPA has never been below a 3.0 in the 12 1/2 years
that I have been here.  I believe that rowing should be part of the
academic process here at UTC.  So, the team follows the Ben Franklin
philosophy of a healthy mind and a healthy body."