UTCSTAFF Archives

January 2002

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
KimEdwardRenz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
KimEdwardRenz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 16:34:39 -0500
Hey, folks. We got top billing on this week's ArtsChatt! Please check your
schedules and join us for one or more of the concerts this week with Daniel
Heifetz and The Classical Band.

Wed:    7:30 pm with the UTC Symphony, under the baton of Dr. Steven Bird
Thur:   7:30 pm with the CSO Youth Orchestras

Sat:    7:30 pm, performing Vivaldi's The Four Seasons

Get your tickets now by calling the box office at 755-4269. Remember to
tell your students they receive a free ticket for Wednesday night's concert
with a University ID.

Kim

>From: "Allied Arts" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Kim Renz" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: ArtsChatt for the week of January 28, 2002
>Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 15:24:25 -0500
>
>Daniel Heifitz and the Classical Band arrive in Chattanooga this week for a
>number of community events and three public performances at UTC.  On
>Wednesday, Heifitz will perform with the UTC Symphony, on Thursday with
the CSO Youth Orchestras, and on February 2, the group will present a
concert as part of the Dorothy Patten Fine Arts Series.
>Heifitz is known for making classical music accessible to folks who aren't
>exactly sure they like classical music.  His signature work is Vivaldi's
>"The Four Seasons," certainly appropriate for a winter evening.  UTC gives
>this community quite a gift each year with the Patten Series-don't miss this
>special concert.

Tickets are available by calling 755-4269.

>February 1 is the first Friday in the month, which means First Friday
>Freebie at the Hunter Museum.  What a great opportunity to see two
>exceptional art shows at no charge.  The American art from the Butler
>Institute is spectacular, and the Jacob Lawrence show is one of the most
>powerful exhibitions the Hunter has shown in quite a long time.  Invite a
>friend to join you this week at the Museum.
>
>February is Black History Month, of course, which brings several special
>events.  The African American Museum will feature an African American
>Cultural Day on Friday from 9:00 to 1:00, with songs, dance, stories, and
>skits.  While you're there, pick up your tickets for Three Mo' Tenors, and
>prepare yourself for an absolutely fabulous concert experience on Sunday,
>February 10-more to come about three of the most talented, versatile singers
>you're likely to hear anywhere.
>
>Chattanooga Theatre Centre continues its runs of "Visiting Mr. Green,"
>"Picasso at the Lapin Agile," and "No Strings" this weekend.  They're busy
>folks over there on the river!
>
>There's more this week which you can find on our website at
>www.alliedartschattanooga.org.  You can also get information on times,
>locations, and purchasing tickets about these and other upcoming arts
>events.
>
>If you'd like to respond to this message, add a friend to our mailing list,
>or remove your name from the list, please contact us at
>
>Molly K. Sasse
>Executive Director
>
>CAMPAIGN UPDATE:  The 2002 Allied Arts campaign has raised $485,490 to date,
>on our way to $2,120,000.  Send in your pledge today, which will be matched
>by the Lyndhurst Foundation!

Kim Edward Renz
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
Fine Arts Center, Department 1351