UTCSTAFF Archives

January 2002

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Bill Stacy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Stacy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 13:22:55 -0500
Dear Colleague,

The next three Thursday afternoons give us a chance to resume critical
planning, budgeting, and evaluating the university.  It is an exciting time
for us.

Thursday, January 10th, the University Planning, Budgeting, and Evaluating
Committee will meet at 2:00 p.m. in the Foundation Room of the University
Center to consider the following agenda:

I.  Review of Minutes of previous meeting.  (Cardwell)

II.  Consideration of proposed addition to the UTC compensation plan for
2002. (Brown)

III. Preliminary consideration of SACS response to UTC's self-study and
follow-up. (Gruetzemacher/Trimpey)

IV. Consideration of University Mission Statement Review. (Gruetzemacher/Stacy)

V. Consideration of Report of Alumni Survey of UTC's l998
graduates.  (Gruetzemacher)

VI. Consideration of Minter Associates'  2000 Analysis of university
spending patterns, specifically UTC comparison with THEC Peer and other
Four Year Public Institutions. (Brown/Stacy)

VI. Report of status of university Renaissance project requests.
(Brown/Stacy/Trimpey)

The following Thursday, January 17,  the Faculty Council meets with its
regular agenda, perhaps including some of the items mentioned above.

The following Thursday, January 24,  all faculty meet to consider proposed
revisions in the University Mission Statement among other agenda items.

While it is customary to expect appropriate committee members or
constituency groups to consider such crucial decisions for the university,
we must all consider ourselves responsible for university decisions in a
culture of planning, budgeting, evaluating. All deliberative meetings on
the campus are "open", and all who have interest and time available are
invited.

I look forward to your participation.  Absolutely fundamental to success as
a university is our collective formulating, understanding, embracing, and
articulating the mission of the University of Tennessee
Chattanooga.  Agreeing on what we seek to do provides the basis for
planning how to do the work of UTC.

Thanks,

Bill