UTCSTAFF Archives

January 2002

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 09:34:27 -0500
Faculty,

I've received a couple of calls in recent days about using the
Instructional Excellence grant proposal forms that live in Karen
Adsit's Grayson Walker area on our UTC Web site.

The Instructional Excellence forms on the Grayson Walker web page are
"interactive."  That is, you can call up the document on your
computer screen - click with your mouse in the space beside an
information category and type in the information.

After you've filled out the form on your computer screen, you may
then tell your computer to PRINT, and the completed form will be
printed.

We do not have the form set so that it can be submitted automatically
to the I-E committee through the World-Wide-Web.  You will have to
print it out, and then, send it (and the appropriate number of
copies) through campus mail either to Karen Adsit or to me in the
Communication Department (3003).

The web address to get to the Instructional Excellence forms is:

        http://www.utc.edu/Teaching-Resource-Center/InstructionalExcellence/

To view and to use the forms, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader
installed in your computer.  Virtually all computers these days come
with Acrobat Reader installed -- however, if you do not have a copy,
go to the Adobe site on the World-Wide-Web and download the
application into your computer.

The address of Adobe's Acrobat download site is:

        http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep.html

To download the application, scroll down to the bottom on the Adobe
Reader page and select "Get Acrobat Reader Free."  You then will be
give a choice of Macintosh of Windows...  and the instructions will
then appear to guide you through the download and installation
process.

Hope this helps.

--kit

Dr. Kittrell Rushing
Head, Department of Communication
311 Frist Hall
615 McCallie Avenue
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
Chattanooga TN 37403-2598
Voice: (423) 755-4400   Facsimilie:  (423) 755-4695
[log in to unmask]   ***  http://cecasun.utc.edu/commdept