SCUBA-SE Archives

January 2002

From:
Christian Gerzner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 10:17:57 +1100
On Sun, 6 Jan 2002 07:44:40 -0600, Chuck <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> There are so many of the 'quackers' around in places like Cozumel and they
>  carry so well that they are becoming annoying.  One quack and several
>  hundred divers turn to see who is doing and and reaching for their knives to
>  cut the LP inflator hose. ;-)

Reminds me of what happened on a trip to Papua New Guinea once.

One of the guys brought one of these along, and promptly sent us nuts
by using the thing long and often.

Then, halfway through the trip, he got stuck whilst diving the
S'Jacob, not a good idea especially at 50+ metres (165 ft).

So he quacked, and quacked and eventually had to extricate himself all
by himself since we all ignored him. He did this by doffing is
BC/tank, sliding out, and putting it back on, all this with video
camera in paw. Just as well that he's an ex Italian navy/commercial diver.

I think it's called crying wolf once too often.

Cheers,

Christian