SCUBA-SE Archives

January 2002

From:
David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 19:22:11 +1100
On Tuesday, January 01, 2002 2:36 AM, Ed wrote:

> Caught some news footage of Sydney the other night,
> the cloud of smoke was so thick you could just make
> out that funny looking building on the shore.

Today's weather has seen virtually all of the fires break out of their
containment lines with fresh outbreaks in the northern suburbs.  Sadly
there's a suspicion that some have been purposely lit.

> On a side note, my Mom & 30 or so lady friends of hers
> spent 6-weeks in Oz, they returned home mid-December.
> She was much impressed & wants to go back.
> I'm still miffed cuz' they wouldn't take me along as
> baggage carrier. She brought me back a nice polo shirt
> from some resort in Cairns...2 sizes to small. I think
> it's a hint.

Mate!  As I see it, you've got three options: (1) Pay for a return visit for
your Mum so that she can make the exchange! (2) Bite the bullet and make the
trip yourself - and take time out to visit all the rest of us folks
scattered around the country! (3) Let one of us know the name of the resort
and - depending on which one it is - rely on us to make the exchange on your
behalf!  :-)

Strike