SCUBA-SE Archives

January 2002

From:
Krazy Kiwi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 05:05:52 -0500
On Mon, 28 Jan 2002 divewell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

<huge snip of the kiwi shears>
>Today, the best for me was two red Occies about 5 to 7 cm in length.
>Young monkey face eels at about 10 cm long.

Ok, ok ... who has a link to a pic of a monkey face eel to put my warped
mind at rest as my imagination is running way ahead of me here :-)

>Tons of fishes, nudibranches, chitons, mollusks and more. Of course we
>see sea lions too.

Are they friendly ie like to kiss petite blondes on the forehead before
ripping away in play?

>We expected to go out for about an hour, three hours later we were in
>danger of the ranger locking the gate - well after sunset.

Sounds like you both had lots of fun .. and having met the pair of you I
know who is the bigger kid ;-))

>The only limit on mussels for dinner is what's set by the state fish
>and game rules. Tons for everyone - well 10 pounds, anyway.

Chilly mussels by any chance John?
Talking of mussels .. sad to say my favourite seafood restaurant is about
to be turned in to a yuppie bar. Harry's Seafood, Bar & Grill restaurant
has been closed & they auctioned off everything. I went down to see who
would bid for the complete Mark V divers suit that we both had our pics
taken in front of when I took you there for a meal. It had been sold
privately so not sure if a historical society got it or if it went to a
private bidder.

>Boy, the sea is cool....and I didn't even take a camera..Boy.

Too damn cold for this WWW ;-)
Viv