SCUBA-SE Archives

January 2002

From:
Crusty Russ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 22:00:41 -0600
Chuck wrote:

> Give me a call when you are in town.  We can go have a beer and figure out
> what to do next.
>
> CH

Hi Chuck,

I just returned to town and was surprised to find over 70 messages
waiting for me in Scuba-SE!  I'll start with your last post since that
includes beer.  :-)

I think Bob fairly well recounted our conversation the other night,
after hearing from him the serious nature of Jeff's condition.  I
expressed my offer to do what it takes to help keep the list alive.

I have no interest in running, owing, or being a part owner of this or
any other list.  However, I will do what ever it takes to keep this
group of people together in a open forum like we have enjoyed under
Jeff's able administration.  Although I only contribute occasionally
(biz travel and commitments allowing), I read every last post in this
group.  I value the friendships I've made and the wealth of experience,
conversation, and (mis)information I've gathered!  :-)

I have no personal experience running a list, but have resources that I
would be pleased to share if they are needed.  A stable T1 connection,
surly but talented IT assistance, and plenty of disc space and computer
power.

If we can stay at UTC, Great!  In that case I see no reason for my
involvement since you already have experience with running a listserve.
If staying with UTC proves to be unworkable, I can offer a new home for
the list and would welcome your participation in what ever capacity you
can manage.  If this is the case, then beer and a meeting is definitely
in order!  :-)

Chuck, I have a client in the office tomorrow and Friday, but could slip
away during lunch on Friday (your favorite, Blue Mesa?).  Otherwise, I
will be out Sat-Mon in Nashville and back available to meet on Tuesday
or possibly Wednesday.  Perhaps you could swing by the office before
lunch to see our setup.  I can't seem to find your work number so call
me tomorrow morning, if possible, to discuss this or I'll call you at
home tomorrow night.  972/661-5222 wk

My sincerest wish is that Jeff, our kind, unselfish friend and
listmanager, makes a full recovery and can get back to work and his
life.

Best regards,
Russ