SCUBA-SE Archives

January 2002

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 13:16:45 -0500
Hi all!

Richard's expressed interest in hosting the list AND dispelling the concern
on disk space (very much a major issue when Jeff brought it up awhile ago)
certainly changed the complexion of things as it stands.

Putting together all the opinions I've read, including Don's INVALID
REASONS for doing what appears to be best at this time, I like best the way
Mark puts it (Mark has a wise Grandmother, and Mark been around longer
in scuba-L than anyone else but me :-)):

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 10:05:29 -0500, M. Bevelhimer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I propose we ask Chuck and Crusty to put there heads together and
> come up with a long-term plan in the event that Jeff isn't able (or
> no longer has the time, energy, etc.) to maintain the list. If they
> can amicably come up with a plan, then the rest of us shouldn't have
> much trouble buying into it.

That's a well-worded plan that I can endorse without reservation.

There is no question in my mind that Crusty and Chuck can word together
amicably.   As long as Crusty is at least part of the Ownership,  and
Richard is there to oversee that there is no abuse of power by the
Owner(s) and that he is there to address any such complains should they
arise, I'll be very comfortable with a successful implementation of
Mark's proposal.

There remains the NAME and the google archives.  But those are secondary
problems now that can be handled in due course if Mark's proposal is
"bought into" by the majority, if not by everyone.

I agree that it'll be much less troublesome than merging back to Scuba-L,
even if WERE done in a democratic fashion, with Nick voted out.

I am quite SURE Crusty will welcome Mark's proposal as stated above.  He'll
be the first to tell us if I am wrong about speaking FOR him, which I
seldom do for anybody.  This is an exception.  :-)

Now THIS is DEFINITELY (not Jeff's "definately" <G>) my last posting here
for awhile on this subject.  Let's all return to SCUBA discussions while
keeping track of Jeff's health and hopefully a speedier recovery.

Aloha,

-- Bob.