HP3000-L Archives

December 2001, Week 3

From:
Jerry Leslie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jerry Leslie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:31:36 -0600
Denys Beauchemin ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: Quantum has definitely kept the DLT environment, they are the ones
: who invented DLT.
:
DLT was invented by Digital Equipment Company (DEC). DLT stands for
Digital Linear Tape.

DEC sold its disk drive and tape drive business to Quantum, its
relational database, Rdb, to Oracle, etc. during the era Robert
Palmer was CEO.

--Jerry Leslie     (my opinions are strictly my own)