HP3000-L Archives

December 2001, Week 3

From:
Greg Terterian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 15:31:59 EST
I have a customer that has 20 workstations.   Every 5-10 minutes people are
getting logged off automatically by NS/VT (everybody is running TCP/IP
connections using VT-MGR (streams 1570 tcp port).  It is very inconsistent
and hard to pinpoint as what is going on.
We have checked all the stations to make sure that they are running on
10mbits half duplex (I remember long time ago we had similiar scienerio and
it was because one of the stations' network card was set to Auto...).
We rebooted the system, stopped the JINETD (Which should not have to do
anything with VT-MGR anyway), recycle the power on DTC and the HUB.

Any ideas as where else should we look???

It is very basic configuration.

HP3000 connected to DTC via Thinlan and than connected to the HUB.   There is
an NT server connected to the HUB and all the users are connected to the HUB.
 Other than 3 dot matrix printers and dialup there is nothing attached to the
DTC.

Any directions will be appreciated very much!!!

Thank you
Greg