HP3000-L Archives

December 2001, Week 3

From:
David T Darnell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David T Darnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 10:19:55 -0800
[log in to unmask] wrote: "Just get the HP9000"

[log in to unmask] must sell them.

Sure, HP is trying to make it attractive to move 3K to 9K, but I don't think that is the sound move for the long run.

Let's see how long before HP-UX is obhsolete.

BTW - insider news flash - a ceritain CIO of a certain HMO was on the HP Board last year, came back from a board meeting and told his people "we are getting off ALL HP servers......" Now, HP9000s that had replaced AIX have all been converted back to.... AIX. wonder what he learned in the boardroom?

-dtd

[log in to unmask] on 12/21/2001 10:02:00 AM