HP3000-L Archives

December 2001, Week 3

From:
Robert Mills <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Mills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 14:05:47 -0000
Jim,

Only a partial correction is required.

During a TV interview, shown here in the UK about five years ago Clarke
stated "The screenplay was written first and then during filming I started
on the book. There was a crossover of ideas between the book and film which
resulted in changes to both the book and screenplay. Some of the scenes in
the film were expanded in the book. The final scene in the film, 'the
arrival of the star child', was one of those that was expanded in the book
to improve understanding in what was happening."

regards,
Robert W.Mills