HP3000-L Archives

December 2001, Week 3

From:
Robert Mills <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Mills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 10:40:48 -0000
My experience with '2001 A Space Odyssey' is a good example of the best
approach. I was supposed to go and see the film with a friend but was in the
hospital when he went to see it. He came to visit me a few days afterwards
by which time I had read the book. We spoke about our impressions and it
transpires that I had a better understanding about the story. I gave him the
book and later on I went to see the film. During a subsequent conversation
with him we agreed that I gained more from the film than he did.

My conclusion: Read the book first THEN see the file.

*****************************
Robert W.Mills, Systems Development Manager, Windsong Services
Electron House, Cray Avenue, St. Mary Cray, Kent BR5 3PN, ENGLAND
Tel: +44 (0)1689.870622 x 3005  Fax: +44 (0)1689 899026
The thoughts, comments, and opinions expressed herein are mine.
They do not reflect those of my employer, nor anyone else.
***Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments,
is for the sole use of the intended recipients and may contain confidential
message.