HP3000-L Archives

December 2001, Week 2

From:
Jerry Leslie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jerry Leslie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Dec 2001 18:31:50 -0600
Larry Barnes ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: A new definition of 'friendly fire'.
:
: 'All hands on deck, we're under attack'!  Sorry, capt. windows 2000 has
: crashed, we're dead in the water until we re-boot!'
:
: Scary thought isn't it?
:
Yes it is.

The loss of a nuclear carrier might (no guarantees) wake up the PHBs
that Windows isn't meant for mission-critical applications.

General Motor's Electro-Motive Division uses Windows NT in locomotives:

  http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3B3A933E.FA4A0DD7%40bellsouth.net