HP3000-L Archives

December 2001, Week 2

From:
"rosenblatt, joseph" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
rosenblatt, joseph
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 12:11:09 -0500
My point was not to make a jingoistic statement about how great America is
or has been. I apologize for making it seem that America was the first or
only nation to have a Bill of Rights. My point was and is that we have a
government based on the rule of law and justice and we must not allow it to
stop being so. Too may people are willing to give away their right to the
rights that all people should have.

As I said many of the framers of the Constitution were men of dubious
character: slave owners, freebooters, thieves and scoundrels. These were men
that didn't even consider the Native Americans to be human. Look at the way
this nation has treated people of color, Jews, Irish, (name your ethnicity
or religion), gays, people of different socio/political beliefs or people of
different socioeconomic strata. This may be a case where shooting the
messenger is not such a bad idea but the message is sound.

The framers still managed to create a document that spelled out the rights
of people. It is up to us to be more enlightened about to whom we will apply
these privileges. We must include more people under the umbrella of human
rights. We will not include more people under the umbrella by getting a
smaller umbrella.

Again, wishing Peace and Prosperity to all of the human race.

The opinions expressed herein are my own and not necessarily those of my
employer.
Yosef Rosenblatt