HP3000-L Archives

December 2001, Week 2

From:
Terry Warns <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terry Warns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 10:16:49 -0600
In order to move forward, we absolutely need some sort of legal
organization.  There have been many proposals to do this but none has been
organized.

I propose that we sent up a 7 person interim board of directors to establish
a legal organization whose sole purpose is to continue MPE beyond 2006.

I propose that the board of directors be composed of the following:

2 from MPE tools vendors
2 from MPE application vendors
2 from MPE end user community
1 from HP

Without a board of directors to move the organization forward, we will as a
group go no where fast.

There are numerous technical ways of accomplishing our goals.  Most
companies are looking at million dollar migration issues.  I estimate that
the current end user community will spend between $15 billion to $30 billion
dollars (4000 users * $1million each is $4billion) to migrate.  As a group
that is a enormous purchasing power in the industry.  As a group we can get
a better solution than as individuals.

So any volunteers?

Terry Warns