HP3000-L Archives

December 2001, Week 2

From:
Wayne Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 8 Dec 2001 13:38:54 -0600
Duane Percox <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

<snip>

>And further more, the merger is necessary for hp's computing
>future. Let me elaborate...

<snip>

Personally, if HP goes through with its plans to abandon the 3000, then I don't
care if they HAVE a computing future. And if (as it appears) they're on their
way to phasing out their RPN calculators too, then HP's survival in ANY market
doesn't interest me.

The sad thing is that two or three years ago, I was a completely loyal HP
customer.  I'd have pushed almost anything HP made over anything else on the
market.  But today, my recommendation is pretty much "buy from anybody EXCEPT
HP."

Wayne