HP3000-L Archives

December 2001, Week 1

From:
"Wayne R. Boyer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 12:27:52 EST
Denys, I am actually intending to copy all my photos over to CDR as soon as I
can sort out how to do so.  Any recommendations for fast easy ways to do
this?  Clicking on 100 JPEG files one-by-one is NOT my idea of easy.  I'm
still going to leave the photos on the CF media though.  why erase?  Still
have lots of room.  You are much more into photography than I am.  3000+
photos a year?  That's almost 10 a day every day on average!  I'm still
learning to use the digital camera more often than I would use a regular film
camera.  For the last couple of years, every 35mm roll that I have taken, I
have had developed and copied to PhotoCD.  That runs at least $17 per roll
(total cost) so I avoid taking throw-away photos.

You are right about the speed factor for CF.  The module that I bought for
only $139 is rated at"20x" - just how that compares to others I don't know.
This particular brand is "RiDATA".  I can still take 35mm photos with my very
manual Minolta faster than with the digital camera though.  I don't know if
it's the digital camera or the memory that slows me down.

Re: Resolution - Denys, you in part correct.  My objective is simply regular
4x6 type photos to match what I have done in the past with 35mm.  Blowing up
any photo to a larger size (digital or film) to a larger size forces the per
inch resolution to go down.  If you are correct that 8mp approx equals the
resolution of 35mm, then it will take a huge megapixel number to equal the
quality of larger size film/negatives.

Wayne