HP3000-L Archives

December 2001, Week 1

From:
Shawn Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shawn Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 11:59:07 -0800
On Thursday, December 6, 2001, at 11:32 AM, David T Darnell wrote:

> OK, I'll state that what I ordered was the latest 3-CD Mandrake set,
> "Full" release that supposedly includes the Mandrake-specific extras,
> and the documentation. StarOffice and such as well, I believe.
>
> I suppose it is possible that IF Mandrake has the same distribution
> policies as RedHat, the freelinuxCD people might not be in violation.
>
> Actually, now that I have my PC with CD burner working again (install
> of Win/98 SR2 has _never_ worked on this box, even from scratch -
> loaded NT this time) I can download and burn my own, I suppose. I will
> try it both ways.
>
> If I order a full, "official" distribution, I'm leaning toward Debian
> at this time.

well you picked the only one that you can't really order - As far as I
know there isn't a debian based distro left, the Progeny installer is
crap and I don't know if they are still shipping it.  I put Debian on my
Apple laptop and it took a week of painful work, but now that it's
running it is so much better than an RPM based distro.