HP3000-L Archives

December 2001, Week 1

From:
Jim Knight <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 12:58:36 -0500
Make sure that the switch port is not set at Full Duplex.  (that just sprang to mind from an ancient memory somewhere) :-)

Jim Knight
Former 3000 Guy

=?iso-8859-1?q?Steve=20Belkacem?= <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hi All,

We seem to be having a problem with slow network
connections, both LAN and WAN.

The HP was orginally in a Switch, but was very slow,
so we moved it onto a Hub. This seemed to OK, but
there seemed to be many collisions, so we moved back
to the switch which again has been slow. We are going
to go back to the hub tonight.

When we were on the Switch we were still seeing
collisions on the transeiver. This , in theory should
not happen.

We are using a HP Transeiver (which we have replaced)
and has the SQE Test and Link Beat enabled. (HP
recommended). We have also swapped out the cable.

In NMMGR there is a setting for CHECKSUM enable. This
is set to NO. I'm presuming that this is correct as it
would put an extra resource on the system.

Does anybody know what is the best option for this,
Switch, Hub NMMGR settings ?

I hate to comteplate the thought of having to change
over the network card , as this is all linked into the
main bus. Changing this.....(sigh) you know where I'm
coming from.

Thanks as always.

Steve

Nokia 5510 looks weird sounds great.
Go to http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/nokia/ discover and win it!
The competition ends 16 th of December 2001.