UTCSTAFF Archives

December 2001

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Emerson Fly <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Emerson Fly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 08:17:56 -0500
December 18, 2001
To: All UT Faculty and Staff
From: Acting President Eli Fly

As you prepare for a well-deserved holiday break, I wanted to take just a
minute to express my thanks to the university community for the support
that you have provided me and the commitment that you have shown to our
institution this year.

The past several months have been a very stressful period at UT, but
thankfully you maintained your focus and continued to do your job very
well. We experienced the sudden resignation of a President, the continued
inability of the General Assembly to solve our decade-long funding problem,
and the national tragedy on September 11. In this season of giving thanks,
we can be grateful for the perseverance that all UT faculty and staff have
shown during these most trying times.

In my remaining months as Acting President, I will continue to push as hard
as I can for improved funding for higher education and adequate
compensation for UT faculty and staff. Catherine and I wish you a most
happy holiday season. Thanks for all that you do so well for our
institution.