UTCSTAFF Archives

December 2001

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Shirley Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shirley Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 11:18:46 -0500
Ladies, hold own to your purses.  Sunday, approximately 6:45 p.m., I parked
at the end of a row of parked cars at Hamilton Place Mall parking lot and
was walking towards the area of the mall where the food court is located.
I was about half the way up the row of parked cars and noticed this guy
walking down the drive toward me.  He passed me and turned around and tried
to grab my purse.  I was carrying my purse with my right hand by the small
strap.  The guy jerked my purse really hard and I'm surprised I didn't let
go of it.  He kept trying to pull it out of my hands and I wouldn't let go
of it. He continued to pull and I continued to pull back. He yelled,"Let
go, give it to me", and I yelled back, "No, I'm not letting go, there is
nothing in it and it is my SNAKE purse."  He let go, turned around, and
started running the away.  This guy was approx. 5'8", 160 pounds, brown
hair, late thirties, caucasion, and had an orange, satin, Tennesse jacket on.

My snake purse was given to me by a dear friend in Engineering.  A hand
made purse from Sudan is hard to come by and I was't about to give it up
easily.  However, I realize the guy could have really hurt me.