UTCSTAFF Archives

December 2001

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Julia Cronin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Julia Cronin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 09:06:12 -0500
I will be out of town December 17 - 20. Since we don't want to miss any discounts, I have asked Linda Gehron, the ERC co-chair, to announce any shopping opportunities. She will be happy to get the information on RAVEN for us.

You all have a great holiday!

At 05:34 PM 12/10/2001 -0500
>Tis the season that lots of folks are out shopping.
>And lots of shops want us to be shopping with them.
>
> From time to time throughout the year, and especially during the
>holiday shopping frenzy, stores offer special discounts to UTC
>employees.  Since state law prohibits the use of state equipment or
>resources to promote commercial venders, there are very specific
>guidelines for announcing these opportunities to the campus.
>
>These offers must be announced by the Employee Relations Committee as
>an employee benefit.  Only the ERC Chair, or designee, has the
>authority to send such announcements over the campus email list, and
>in most cases, these messages are not distributed to the student
>email list.  If you are aware of a discount opportunity or special
>offer to UTC employees, please notify Julia Cronin in Financial Aid,
>this year's ERC chair.
>
>Thanks to the ERC for assuming this extra responsibility and for
>bringing these opportunities to our attention.

Julia Cronin
UTC Financial Aid Office

"Trust in dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity."
                        *Kahlil Gibran