SCUBA-SE Archives

December 2001

From:
Crusty Russ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 20:03:02 -0600
Having to travel most all the time can have it's advantages.  Last week
I had to travel to NYC for on professional society convention and then
this last Monday to Ft Lauderdale for a board meeting of another
professional society.  While there I had the pleasure of hooking up with
Lee for a great dinner at the Rustic Inn, fun conversation, and a bit of
an early birthday celebration for his sweet wife Jayna.  Dozens of
oysters and fresh stone crab definitely did the trick for me!

After being chauffeured to dinner, I received a personal tour of
'Champaign Taste', their full time hobby/dive boat.  It was a fun
evening!  Unfortunately, time would not allow a dive on this trip, but
since my office now has a project in the Palm Beach area, perhaps some
diving at the much touted Boynton Beach will be in order soon.

In any case, thank you Lee and Jayna for being such gracious hosts and
for a great Mini-Crusty/BellNEDfest evening!

Best regards,
Russ

BTW:  Since you were asking about a digital video Gates/Sony rig a while
back, I came across one for auction on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1306109579&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1008097949&indexURL=0&rd=1

(Don't forget to unwrap the line for the full URL)  This is the same
camera I have with the exception of the dome port wide angle lens which
can easily be added.  At its current price under $600 it's a steal, but
there a are 4 days left.