SCUBA-SE Archives

December 2001

From:
David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 20:56:36 +1100
On Sunday, December 02, 2001 5:53 AM, John Hauer wrote:

> Sometimes we get bored...

G'Day, Mate!

Life is never boring - it's just that some days are less exciting than
others!  And 'cause it'll all be over far too soon, it's too precious to
waste!  :-)

> Too much time between dives, perhaps.
> Today, the beautiful, west-coast, California, clear
> pelican flying, fresh prawn eating, sunny, not quite warm enough sort of
> day....

Summer arrived this morning - the first day of December - and tonight the
cicadas are kicking up such a racket that it's hard to hear yourself think.
Tomorrow morning I'm popping up the coast for a dive - and a BBQ.  The
BBQ'll be good but the critters that we see diving won't be a patch on those
at Shelly Beach!  :-)

I heard from Wings Stocks this morning - who's now back home in your neck of
the woods (Santa Cruz) - to say that he and Ani had a great time in Papua
New Guinea, aboard Mike Ball Diving's 'Paradise Sport'.  (He still can't get
over the fact that while he and Ani were staying with us, she put a bet -
the first one she'd ever made - on the Melbourne Cup horse race, and came up
a winner!  :-)

Mind you!  The winnings probably weren't big biccies when compared with his
recent treasure diving exploits - neither was the adrenalin when compared
with 300 fsw dives - but both he and Ani are still talking about the bloody
horse race!  :-)

BTW!  The Queensland Government Code of Practice for Recreational Technical
Diving was finalised in September.  I've already passed it on to a couple of
folks, but if you want to access it you can do so at:
http://www.whs.qld.gov.au/icp/icp014%20.pdf

Best regards to you both

Strike