SCUBA-SE Archives

December 2001

From:
Don Ward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 23:42:54 -0600
David Strike wrote in part:
>one-metre long shovel-nosed ray held our attention for quite some while.
>Neither of us had ever seen one quite like this.  The nose - perfectly
>triangular in shape - looked as though it had been imperfectly transplanted
>from a much larger creature.  (None of the illustrations in the fish guide
>fitted this particular specimen!)

This is what is amazing about the sea.  Strike has been diving longer than
I have been alive.  He has done more dives in the last year than I have
done in 8 years of diving (that may be a slight exaggeration but you get
the point), and certainly more dives logged at Shelly than I have logged
everywhere.  Yet, on a leisurely dive he sees something he has never seen
before.   It is just wonderful.  You can dive the seem area for years and
every dive is a new experience.

Ain't life grand!

A very merry Christmas to all and happy holidays to everyone who reads this.

Dive safe,

/Don