HP3000-L Archives

November 2001, Week 4

From:
Andreas Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 15:15:23 +0100
If I understand you correctly:

internal 9 gb disks are bundled in system volume set.
external 18 gb disk.

1. You cannot mirror anything with the CURRENT installation.
2. If you want to mirror s.th. you have to use the 18gb external as Sys_Vol
(by using only 4 gb) and to mirror the two internal 9 gb disks in a private
volume set. This doesn't make sense I'd like to say.
3. By purchasing a 2nd external 18 gb disk you can mirror these.

Mirroring is only supported for the same type of disks, and definetly NOT
for the Sys_Vol. Here it's recommended to go for an high availability H/W
solution like RAID disks.

Best regards, Andreas Schmidt, CSC, germany

Ionut Arnaut <[log in to unmask]>@RAVEN.UTC.EDU> on 26/11/2001 14:02:28

Please respond to [log in to unmask]

Sent by:  HP-3000 Systems Discussion <[log in to unmask]>