HP3000-L Archives

November 2001, Week 4

From:
Jeff Kubler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 23 Nov 2001 13:42:06 -0800
>Sorry forgot to put a title on.
>Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening* (Delete as appropriate)
>
>I'm having a few issues which frankly are driving me up the wall.
>
>I have a system which is running(in my eyes) quite well. CPU is averaging 40%, there
are little disc waits and the network stats seem to fine.
>But...
>
>The system seems to be slow painting screens on local
>and WAN connections. It seems to paint screens, then
>stop for 15-20 seconds and then continue.

When you say local connections do you mean direct connect?  If not I would try some
direct connect test if you have any.

>This(as is the way with all these kind of problems) are intermitant, and I am therefore
struggling.
I would wonder what is happening during these intermitant problems?  Are there batch
jobs running?  Is it possibly a locking situation?  What about your memory situation.
 Is this adequate?
>Any ideas.
>
>Thanks as always for everybodies help.
>
>Regards