HP3000-L Archives

November 2001, Week 4

Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 15:16:02 -0500
X-no-Archive:yes
In my post, I had almost delineated companies that would be ruled out by the
criteria I posted, but felt that this would clutter the posting and detract
from my main point (not that my posting are not cluttered in spite of my own
best efforts).

One of hp's stated reasons for acquiring / merging with Compaq, or at least
one of the results listed in the press, is that this would put hp right on
IBM's heals, closing the gap between the number one company and the number
two company. I'm hard-pressed to imagine hp selling anything to IBM that
they thought IBM could actually use to compete against hp.

Greg Stigers
http://www.cgiusa.com