HP3000-L Archives

November 2001, Week 4

From:
"Shahan, Ray" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shahan, Ray
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 15:25:15 -0600
The UNIX for DUMMIES book is just what the doctor ordered (chicken soup for
the MPE user?).  It's very simple (A must for me), it portrays UNIX for what
it really is "UNIX has been evolving feverishly for close to 30 years, sort
of like bacteria in a cesspool-only not as attractive.", and it is sprinkled
with great humor all over (mostly about how ugly UNIX is to use).

I highly recommend it.

Ray S.