HP3000-L Archives

November 2001, Week 3

From:
John Clogg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Clogg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 14:03:58 -0800
Jim phillips asks:
>...can HP-UX be far behind?

Yes, I think it can.  HPUX (and other Unix flavors) have an installed base
many times as large as MPE's ever was.  I don't think there will be
wholesale migration to the flavor of the month for some time.  Don't forget,
just a few years ago if you had believed the trade press you would have
expected that every business application would have migrated to NT by now.
The pundits are always looking for the next great thing, and are equally
eager to announce the demise of last week's darling.