HP3000-L Archives

November 2001, Week 3

From:
Ric Merz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 10:28:24 -0800
Sooooooo, I guess Carly isn't really running HP?

Come on people, with something as important as this of course she had her
hands in the deal!

Also, from other posters on this list:
HP actively promoted the platform, knowing it was being
discontinued....words like "trust" & "brand loyalty" come to mind (oops, I
mean lack of)

I think HP did a very poor job of handling this one.  If this platform was
losing money, they could have shown the numbers ($) and where they were
going (i.e., support costs, hardware, marketing costs,etc).  Information
stockholders need to know.  And then their customers would understand, and
appreciate the situtation.

But, isn't the 3000 and the 9000 the same box.  I guess the 3000 label cost
a lot more that a 9000 label.
And they haven't done much to market the 3000?
So what seems left:  Just how many people did it take to keep MPE supported?

Sorry for the last paragraph, I just had to vent....

Ric

At 08:18 AM 11/15/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Jeff Vance after Steve Dirickson after someone else:

>> > For those who aren't paying attention,
>> >  1) Carly didn't make the announcement
>> >  2) Carly didn't make the decision
>>
>> Absolutely correct...
>
>Does anyone really believe that Carly didn't at least approve this move?

Ric