HP3000-L Archives

November 2001, Week 3

From:
John Penney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Penney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 10:09:34 -0800
OK, Jerry, I was using irony which you took (and perhaps others) as fact. I am sorry for your understandable sensitivity in this matter and offer my
sincere apologies.

A cc to the 3000-l to let you all know my feelings: I am appalled at hp's decisio.

YT, JP

John M Penney
Systems Programmer / Administration
Production Services
Information Services Department
Pierce County
Tacoma, WA
253-798-6215

>>> Jerry Fochtman <[log in to unmask]> 11/15/01 09:49AM >>>
Thanks John, for your feedback.  Unfortunately your message, as it
was phrased, did come across as though we were pleased with the
chain of events, especially with the 'ecstatic' followed by the
remark of making '$0 sales'.   So even after re-reading it several
times I could see no other possibly interpretation other than us
(Bradmark) being happy about the event and turning away from
trying to sell product in this market.  Based upon a note that
Mark Klein sent, apparently I was not the only one that saw a
different meaning in your comments that perhaps what you may
have intended.

During these difficult times we all need to be careful and
think about what we might say or how it is said least we let
the emotions we all have cause us to destroy what we all
cherish about this community.

FYI...someplace on a DAT I still have a bunch of those old
2000 library programs... :-)