HP3000-L Archives

November 2001, Week 3

From:
"Paul S. Butler" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul S. Butler
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 09:08:06 -0800
It seemed appropriate to change the subject on this thread...

I am currently using Caldera for two reasons: it was the first distro that
connected me to the Internet immediately, and I think that it's prettier
than Red Hat.  I don't know about installing Red Hat on top of Caldera.
(Don't really want to give it a try right now).

Caldera has the advantage of "owning" Unix, but overall, they seem to be on
the decline.

Incidentally, my Caldera Linux box has the second highest uptime here, even
though it's a "crash-and-burn" experimental box. The SCO servers we have get
rebooted far more often. (Guess which box has the *best* uptime).

-Paul