HP3000-L Archives

November 2001, Week 3

From:
Duane Percox <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Duane Percox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 13:44:55 -0800
Steve writes:

> [...]

Everyone is *correct* on this one. Yes, the terminal/emulator is
in control, but the program is tightly coupled with the terminal
io such that you have a stateful transaction and not a complete
disconnect between the terminal io and the back-end process that
munches on the io.

You can architect state into your web applications, which we do,
but unless you are using an App-server that does this you are
crafting it on your own.

We have a nice web architecture which we use that
is based mostly on cobol. We will be changing it to 'c' for
better portability.

duane percox