HP3000-L Archives

November 2001, Week 3

From:
Alan Greig <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alan Greig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 09:16:21 -0600
On Thu, 15 Nov 2001 08:00:25 -0600 (Central Standard Time), Michael
Baier <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Great,
>the US Navy and Microsoft.
>I already see the blue screen when the carrier tries to launch it's planes
>in an emergency.
>or the question
>"are you sure that you want to launch missle ? "
>Please try confirm or cancel to launch, launch, launch launch or abort

There was a bug in the first release of MS Access 2000 which could
cause TRUE and FALSE  to get mixed up in certain circumstances.

Launch Nukes: Yes/No?

Oops!!

Or as one of our NT admins recently screamed across the room. "Shit I
just deleted our main DNS zone on the server. I meant to delete just a
single record." Only MS can come up with user interfaces where one
misplaced click can be so destructive. And then there's the random
windows popped up by applications which immediately grab keyboard
focus as you type away into another window and you find you've
answered  god knows what pop-up box question.

Alan