HP3000-L Archives

November 2001, Week 3

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 22:23:09 EST
We've finished making about 80% of the calendars that were ordered. Actually,
we finished those about two weeks ago but just mailed them out today. The
delay in mailing them was due to recent events. For the last two weeks,
calendar production has come to a stop. The delay in creating the last 20%
was a lack of supplies, which has also now been remedied.

In past years, the saying at the bottom of the calendar read:

Your Name
& QueryCalc

Because this year, you're paying for the calendars, we've de-advertised the
posters so that the ones that were shipped today read:

Your Name
& the e3000
"freedom from nonsense"

But due to the turn of events, the ones that we have yet to make will now
read:

Your Name
& Open MPE
"freedom from nonsense"

This year's calendars are made on glossy photo paper rather than the matte
finish we've used in past years. As a consequence, the time to create a
single calendar has gone up from four minutes per poster to 40 minutes, so
I'm not sure that we have saved much effort :-).

When you get your calendar, look at the clarity of the image of the Statue of
Liberty. All of the image processing was done on the HP3000. I'm fairly
impressed with the results.

Wirt Atmar