HP3000-L Archives

November 2001, Week 3

From:
KENT WALLACE <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
KENT WALLACE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 14:32:31 -0700
It's almost the holiday, a language war sounds appropriate.

No one mentioned Ada(the computer language).  My wife encouraged me to learn the language of the future, when she worked at the Ada technology group of Boeing.  After all the United States Government had mandated that Ada be used in all projects.

I struggled through the classes.  Everything had to have a type.

We even attended the Ada conference in West Virginia, stayed in a motel built where Daniel Boons house had once been.

Congressman Bird spoke at the conference, since they were building the Ada repository in his state.

Well as near as I can tell the language is not used much anymore, please correct me if I am wrong.

So do not choose Ada.

Thanks
Kent Wallace