HP3000-L Archives

November 2001, Week 3

From:
"Clark, Rick" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Clark, Rick
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 09:12:30 -0500
David,

I couldn't agree with you more.

I have not had much chance in the past few months to participate on the list
except every now and then reading some of the posts. Upon receiving an email
with a special alert regarding the news I immediately started reading all
the posts on the list and felt sad that such a thing is finally happen. We
all knew deep down inside this might happen some day.

The HP3000 is a great tool and so is the software that so many of the loyal
vendors have written to make this an even better tool. When I first started
in my career it was on a HP250 and shortly thereafter we converted to a
HP3000. "What a simple box this is to maintain" I thought.

Through the years I too have grown lazy with some of my practices since the
HP3000 became the 'tool' of choice for me. We as a firm decided to purchase
a software package to provide us with statistical data that our in house
software could not provide. This has given me the opportunity to work with
the HP9000 and Windows NT which are good tools also but not as forgiving as
the HP3000.

I have been currently seeking new employment but this news will make me
pause and think about which 'tool' I will be working with in the future.

Rick Clark
Systems Manager
Weltman, Weinberg & Reis
Cleveland, Ohio